• Please log in to reply
    2 replies to this topic

#1 Twis7eD

Twis7eD

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 89 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:01 PM

So, I have a JTAG and haven't really ever started modding Halo 2 before besides some occasional changing of my new maps on my HDD before I had a JTAG to already modded maps. I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to modding Halo 2 and I need some help.

I recently installed Halo 2 to my HDD so that I can mod it and run it off of my JTAG. I replaced the compatibility files/folder in my partition 2 to allow me to play original Xbox games off of my HDD. Now, I have the Halo 2 DLC maps on my HDD in the normal spot where H2 downloads them to, but they don't show up when I boot H2 from my HDD. I'm wondering if there is some update that I have to do to make them show up or what I have to do to make them show up. I've also tried just adding the .map files to the maps directory of where I ripped to H2 to the HDD, but they don't show up that way either.

Does anyone have any ideas or know if this is possible?

#2 iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches

General Grade 6

• Owner

• 6,570 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:08 PM

Okay do this.

1) Put all the .maps (new and old) into the same ripped directory where the xbe's are. So put all the maps in the /maps/ folder.

2) Patch the mainmenu map with this attached patch. It will tell the game to look for all the maps in that maps folder. Since you are lacking the title updates and what not.

Attached Files

#3 Twis7eD

Twis7eD

Private Grade 2

• Members+

• 89 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:20 AM

Thanks for the help Peaches. Everything worked perfectly.